The Council of Representatives held on 2/7/2013 the fourth session of the first legislative term for the fourth year under chairmanship of Osama Al-Nujaifi, the Speaker of Council of Representatives. The session included the following:
- Attendance 192 MPs.
- Voting on the draft law of the third amendment to the law of Central Organization for Standardization and Quality Control No.(54) of 1979 as amended, submitted by the committees of finance, legal, economy and investment.
- The first reading of the draft law on ratification of the convention on economic and technical cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of the Republic of South Africa signed in Cape Town on 15/2/2012, submitted by the committees of foreign relations, economy and investment, legal.
- Turkmen group in the Council of Representatives read a statement in which it condemned the terrorist attacks against the Turkmen in their areas, pointing out that the attacks targeted Turkmen in the areas of their presence represents a process of genocide by all standards.
- The committee of martyrs, victims and political prisoners read a statement in which it condemned the gnarled targeting experienced by Turkmen, indicating that the efforts exerted to protect them are not enough, calling for forming security forces from the sons of Turkmen component.
- The Council voted to approve the formation of an expanded parliamentary committee comprising the committees of security and defense, human rights and legal to go to Tuz Khurmatu district and submit a report on the urgent steps to protect the Turkmen component.
- Diyala's MPs read a statement in which they condemned the terrorist acts experienced by the province years ago that led to the fall of thousands of martyrs and wounded and destruction of infrastructure.
- The Council voted to form a parliamentary committee to investigate and look at the security situation and the issues that impede the stability of Diyala province.
- The committee of youth and sport condemned in a statement the assault on the coach of Karbala football club, Mohammed Abbas, by a group of security personnel of Karbala Stadium which led to his death, pointing out that the investigations are still ongoing in this matter based on the instructions of Prime Minister.
- The Council voted to form an investigative committee from the committees of youth and sport, legal, human rights and submit a report on the death of the coach Mohammed Abbas to the Council of Representatives during a week.
- A number of MPs read a statement on the occasion of the anniversary of Eshreen revolution that contributed to build a modern civil state after a revolution all the sons of the Iraqi people contributed in it, demanding to make 30th of June a national holiday.
- The committee of foreign relations read a statement in which it congratulated the Iraqi people for exiting from Chapter VII as a major achievement that brings back the country to its leading role.
The session was adjourned until Thursday 4/7/2013.