House of Representatives held on Monday 09/08/2014 its fourteenth session chaired by its President, Mr. Saleem al-Jubouri and the presence of (289) deputies, the meeting included:
- Taking the constitutional oath by 4 of the House of Representatives who did not take it earlier because they were part of the cabinet reshuffle of the former government.
- Announcement of Mr. Haider Abadi, head of the Council of Ministers in charge, of all the ministerial program of his government in front of the House of Representatives.
- the Reading of the MP, Alla'a Al-Talabani to the Kurdish blocs statement, in which she indicated that the delegation of Kurdistan decided to participate in the government with a condition of giving the government three months to achieve the demands and to form a joint committee to pay the share of the region during the week of the formation of the government, as well as discuss the issue of oil and gas during 3 months and addressing controversial issues about Peshmerga, aviation, Article 140 and others, stressing that the Kurdish leadership will decide the measures to be taken in case of failure to implement its demands.
- Council vote to approve the government program submitted by Mr. Haider Abadi, the prime minister in charge.
- Council vote to give trust to the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and Mr. Saleh al-Mutlaq; Deputy Prime Minister, Mr. Hoshyar Zebari; DeputyPrime Minister and Mr. Bahaa al-Araji; the deputy prime minister.
- Council vote to give trust to each of the following: Mr. Ibrahim al-Jaafari Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Rose Nuri Shaways minister of finance Mr. Adel Abdul-Mahdi, the oil minister Mr. Salman Jumaili ,Minister of Planning Mr. Hussein al-Shahristani, Minister of Higher Education Mr. Haider spokesman and minister of justice Mr. Muhammad Mahdi al-Bayati, minister for human rights Mr. Falah Hassan Zeidan , minister of agriculture Mr. Naseer Kazem al-Issawi , Minister of Industry Mr. Kassem Fahdawi ,minister of Electricity Mr. Tariq Kikhany, Minister of Reconstruction and Housing Mr. Bayan Jabr, Minister of Transport Mr. Kadhim Hassan Rashed , communications minister Mr. Mohammed Xiaa Sudanese, Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Ms. Adela Hammoud, health minister Mr. Qutaiba al-Jubouri, the minister of environment Mr. Mohammad Iqbal Omar ,Minister of Education Mr. Abdul-Karim Mlas, trade minister Mr. Faris Jeju , Minister of Science and Technology Mr. Firad Raundozi ,Minister of Culture Mr. Abdul-Hussein Abtan Minister of Youth and Sports Mr. Ahmed Abdullah al-Jubouri, Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and the Ministry of State for Parliamentary Affairs Mr. Abdul-Karim Younis, Minister of Municipalities Mr. Haider Abadi confirm that he will run the ministries with temporaral procuration, pointing out that he will submit a list of names of the ministers of ministry of internal affairs and ministry of defense in one week.
- The taking of the Prime Minister, his deputies and ministers, the constitutional oath, marking their start in their new positions.
- Council vote on each of the gentlemen Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, Iyad Allawi, Osama al-Nujaifi and Vice-President of the Republic Mr. Fuad Masum, to take the constitutional oath and so they did.
- Council elected, through secret ballot, MP Sheikh Humam Baqir Hamoudi to the post of first deputy chairman of the Council of Representatives.