On 18/09/2014 House of Representatives held session 16 of the first legislative term for the first year under the chairmanship of Mr. Saleem Al-Jubouri, in the presence of (254) deputy, The Session Included:-
- Mr. Al-Jubouri’s announcement to postpone the vote on the interior and defense ministers to other sessions based on the desire of the parliamentary blocs to reach agreement on candidates for the two positions.
- Confirmation of the President of the Council that parliamentary committees had started working since the previous day and to have Wednesday and Sunday of each week dedicated to their work, calling to speed up the nomination of the heads of the committees that are currently the priority of the Legal Committee -Mr. Ali al-Adeeb taking Oath, as a deputy in the House of Representatives. And Mr. Mohsen Ask for taking Oath as the Minister of Water Resources.
- Council vote on the validity of membership of MP Imad Abdul Khudair Zurfi after the candidate Ihsan al-Shibli presented an objection on MP Zurfi’s membership of the Council of Representatives.
- Showing the Council a report on the development of the performance of the House of Representatives and the development of future strategy for it by relevant experts. - The general manager of the research department in the House of Representatives, Ms. Mayada Alhjami read a report pointing out the results of the special report on the performance of the House of Representatives.
- Mr. Haider Muthanna, Director General of the department in parliament showed research analysis reports of parliamentary committees from 2010 - 2014 noting that the Council did not have the determinants of strategy determining priorities for projects and proposals for laws that require legislation. - Council vote to approve the proposal of Mr. al-Jubouri, commissioning the Parliamentary Development Committee to hold a meeting chaired by First Deputy Chairman of the Board to come up with recommendations to be voted on during the month of conducted work. - Council vote on a proposal by Chairman of the Board to initiate the work of the Legal Committee and to hold a meeting under the chairmanship of one of the members of the Presidency until choosing a president.
- Declaration of the President of the House of Representatives for hosting Mr. Saleh al-Mutlaq, the deputy prime minister in a meeting on Saturday to talk about the situation of displaced people in addition to the presence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Ibrahim al-Jaafari, or another representing the government to explain what happened at the Paris Conference in support of Iraq and the international developments on what the country is going through.
- Invite the President of the Council for the security and defense committee to speed up the resolution of the discussion of the issue of the missing at the base of "Spyker" and submit a report to the Council in this regard.