On (7/13/2021), the House of Representatives held its fourth session of the second legislative term for the third year, the fourth electoral session headed by Mr. Muhammad Al-Halbousi, and the session included:
- Mr. Al-Halbousi offered his deepest condolences to the Iraqi people and the people of Dhi Qar Governorate for the death of dozens of Iraqis in the tragic incident at Al-Hussein Teaching Hospital in Nasiriyah, for isolating Corona virus patients.
The House of Representatives recited Surat Al-Fatihah, in sympathy for the martyrs of the hospital and the martyrs of Iraq.
The demands called for the government to assume its responsibilities in protecting the lives of citizens and limiting the recurrence of such tragic incidents, in addition to announcing the results of investigations from the committees formed by the government before the public opinion, and calling for a complete restructuring of the Ministry of Health and referring the files of its senior officials to the judiciary, and referring to The weakness of oversight and the accumulation and spread of financial and administrative corruption in government departments led to neglect and negligence.
Partly chaired by the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Hassan Al Kaabi
- Ladies and Gentlemen, Representatives stressed during the session the need to liberate state institutions from political domination and to include civil defense teams in the investigation, as they are the body responsible for protecting property and lives, in addition to resolving the issue of naming a Minister of Health.
- The Parliamentary Health and Environment Committee confirmed the existence of a structural failure in the Ministry of Health, especially that the committee called on the ministry earlier to stop the use of (caravans) to isolate people infected with the Corona virus, in addition to other recommendations in favor of improving the level of health services, calling on the Prime Minister to open an urgent investigation with the participation of The Parliamentary Health Committee to find out the reasons for negligence and negligence, noting the need to present the results of the investigation regarding the fire of Al-Hussein Teaching Hospital within a period of three days, otherwise it will take measures through its parliamentary work.
Part of it was chaired by Dr. Bashir Al-Haddad, Vice-President of the Council
- Demanding members of the House of Representatives during the session to host the ministers of interior and health to find out their future measures to reduce the recurrence of fire incidents that occur in hospitals, in addition to reconsidering the transfer of the powers of some ministries to the governorates.
- The President of the Council directed to host the governmental committee responsible for investigating the incident of the Al-Hussein Hospital fire, in addition to the presence of the Governor of Dhi Qar to find out the causes of fires that occur in hospitals and government institutions, calling on the Health and Environment Committee to take its role in monitoring and following up the investigation process with the government committee.
Then it was decided to keep the session open until tomorrow, Wednesday