|Date : 2022-03-28|
|Duration : 2.57Hour|
|Type : A Session without an Agenda|
|Attendees : 0 Deputies|
|Excused Absence : 0 Deputy|
|Absence without Excuse : 0 Deputy|
The House of Representatives held on (3/28/2022) its fifth session of the first legislative term of the first legislative year of the fifth electoral cycle under the membership of Muhammad Al-Halbousi and in the presence of (258) and the session included
- Mr. Muhammad al-Halbousi directed the leaders of the representatives’ blocs and the representatives of the components to submit the names of their representatives of the representatives soon to form a committee concerned to consider the constitutional amendments.
- Mr. Muhammad Al-Halbousi noting that the names of the members of the representatives’ committees will be decided today and announced in a meeting under the chairmanship of the First representative, Mr. Hakim Al-Zamili, and then presented it for voting.
- Second reading of the draft law on emergency support for food security and development submitted by the Finance Committee.
- In response to the interventions, the concerned committee affirmed its keenness to take into consideration all opinions and suggestions submitted on the draft law, noting that the committee will host the Minister of Finance tomorrow, Tuesday, to discuss the issue.
- Representative Arshad Al-Salihi recalled, in a statement read out during the session, the Altun Kobri and Taza massacre 31 years ago at the hands of the dictatorship, demanding on canceling the decisions of the dissolved revolutionary junta regarding agricultural lands and returning them to their legitimate owners.
- Mr. Muhammad al-Halbousi noted that two requests had been received by the presidency of the House regarding the questioning of a minister and the head of an independent body, indicating that they would be announced in a later session once the legal procedures were completed.
After that, it was decided to adjourn the session to next Wednesday, which was devoted to electing the President of the Republic.